The NAC apologises profusely for the repeated delays in releasing of the Project Funding Outcomes – as advised previously for the second week of September 2019.
The NAC understands that the delay in the release of these outcomes bears an immense consequence on the livelihood of artists, as well as the implementation of the artistic projects artists strive to implement as subsistence for their livelihood.
However, taking into account the high-level of corruption facing the country and the dire need to verify all information received in the application process; the NAC found it prudent to effectively ensure the following in our processes:
- Accurate due diligence for project information submitted and efficient assessment of each application;
- Address transformation in core targeted groups of women, youth and people living with disabilities
- Verify the authenticity of lists for people living with disabilities who have applied;
- Address insistence of geographical imbalances nationally;
- Prioritise new applicants to be the first beneficiaries;
- Upgrade our current online application process to be seamless;
- Equip applicants with impactful support for their projects and programmes.
The NAC commits to releasing these outcomes no later than the end of October 2019.
Once again, the NAC apologises for any inconvenience caused by this delay and is committed to serving the arts fraternity with diligence, excellence and impact. Look out for our press update in the second week of October 2019.
View PDF: NAC delayed funding outcomes 20919