- Contract Junior position
- Zonnebloem, Western Cape
- Up to R5,600 pm
- Recruit Assist
- Ref 2389451
About the Position
This position is a Fixed-Term Contract Position.
Please note that the Monthly Stipend is R5600 with no company benefits.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To facilitate administration for the National Audit of Monuments and Memorials project within each of the nine provinces. KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS: KPA 1: Survey. KPA 2: Reporting.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Undertake surveys in identified areas to record any monuments and memorials in the area.
- Liaise with identified stakeholders with specialist knowledge or interest in an area identified for survey.
- Provide detailed recordings of monuments and memorials identified in area being surveyed.
- Compile reports on activities and numbers of monuments and memorials recorded.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The incumbent must subscribe to SAHRA values, being Accountability, Teamwork and cooperation, Respect, Transparency, Service excellence, Integrity & ethics, Honesty, Accessibility and Professionalism.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Candidates with a three (3) year Diploma/ Degree in a Heritage related field will be given preference.
- Candidates who have undertaken work experience in a heritage related field will be given preference.
- Ability to read and comprehend fairly complex instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to employees and stakeholders of the organization.
- Ability to negotiate with both internal and external stakeholders and/or service providers.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages and ratios, as well as the ability to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- A valid Code EB (08) driver’s license. Computer Skill: Computer literacy with regard to the use of Excel, Word, and Power Point.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is:
Regularly required to walk distances.
- Often to talk and hear.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please note that SAHRA is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
SAHRA reserves the right not to make an appointment. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard would be appreciated.
- Heritage Field
- Monuments and Memorials
- Heritage Resources
Desired Education Level