Three (3) months Fixed Term
The National Arts Council of South Africa is looking to attract dynamic, passionate and innovative self-starters with a solid understanding of the Creative Industries Sector.
The incumbent must provide sound financial and reconciliation management knowledge and sound business principles by recording and summarising financial transactions in accordance with the NAC, PFMA and GRAP standards. In addition to this, the successful incumbent is expected to have sold communication, technological, organisational and analytical skills.
- Preparation of Annual Financial Statements
- To ensure that financial transactions and events are fully recorded and classified.
- Reconciling sub-ledger of general account balances to Annual Financial Statements
- Ensure financial and corporate governance throughout the NAC
- Assist with year end audit documentation and provide assistance to Auditors
- Assisting and reporting on the Internal Audits
- Assisting with packs and attendance of meetings (Council, sub-committee)
- Assessing internal controls, including risk assessment and reviews of risk areas.
- Prepare, review, monitor and report on expenditure of the NAC (including Special Projects)
- Assisting in the design and preparation of budget for review by management.
- Review and reconcile suppliers and creditors
- Reviewing and reconciling fixed assets schedules
- Fixed Assets Register is reconciled to physical verification.
- Submission of Irregular and Fruitless Expenditure to stakeholders
- Assist with monthly financial reports submission to the CFO for approval.
- Monitoring and implementation of finance policies.
- Ensure that statutory legislation is complied with.
- Supervising of finance staff
- Assist with management of overall Supply Chain Management activities, processes and procedures in line with the legislative framework
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Finance qualification with 4 – 5 years’ experience in Managerial role within the Public Sector environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of Government procurement regulation, PFMA and Treasury Regulations is essential.
- Understanding of socio-political issues.
- Advanced Microsoft suite skills, Pastel and Caseware
- B Com/ B Compt degree and/or any recognizable financial qualifications
- Completed articles will be an added advantage
- 4 – 5 years` experience in similar position and level of accountability
- Strategic thinking and high level of literacy
- Presentation, people management, communication and reporting
- In depth knowledge and required experience in applicable legislation as would relate to Finance and SCM.
- Financial management skills.
- Negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Account management skills.
- Efficient and accurate with attention to detail.
- Able to work under pressure
- Business acumen.
- Delivery focus.
- Team work
- Good management skills such as Planning; Leading; Organising; Coordination.
A market related package will be negotiated with the successful candidate(s). If you have not heard from the NAC by 23rd April 2021, please note that your application has been unsuccessful. The NAC applies the Employment Equity Act in its recruitment process and strives for a staff complement that is representative of South Africa. The NAC reserves the right not to appoint.
A covering letter and a detailed CV including two contactable referees and certified copies of qualifications should be addressed to the Human Resources Office at
P. O Box 500, Newtown, Johannesburg, 2113 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 20th April 2021
Kelebogile Dingoko or Florence Mohale