The Presidency has made a special employment stimulus programme available to the Arts, Culture and Heritage sector, to be disbursed via the National Arts Council and the National Film and Video Foundation.
The Presidential Employment Stimulus Programme (PESP) is geared towards employment creation and retention initiatives for artists, creatives, heritage sector workers and cultural workers. Projects using Information and Communication Technologies, and digital innovation in line with the following categories with be considered:
- Exhibitions, community outreach projects
- Art teaching at community level
- Public art
- Book fairs
- Creative writing
- Creation of new work/products (e.g. ceramic, pottery, wood carving)
- Weaving and textile design,
- New choreographic works and script writing
- Fashion design (with a cultural element)
- Festivals, including literary festivals (with a community participation component)
- Music compositions
- Heritage related projects
Starting 30 October 2020, the NAC will be accepting applications for the PESP. In light of this, the NAC would like to invite you to attend one of the planned Contact Sessions, in which the application process, the funding criteria and application form will be discussed.
The session will be held as per below details:
Date: 06 November 2020 /10 November 2020 and 11 November 2020
Time: 10am to 12pm
Date: 12 November 2020 (2 Sessions)
Time: 10am to 12pm (Session 1)
Time: 2pm to 4pm (Session 2)
Please be advised that the Zoom link will be provided for applicants who have sent their RSVP to Ruth at Ruth@nac.org.za or Ongy at Ongy@nac.org.za by Thursday 5 November at 12pm for the 6 November session, and by Monday, 9 November for the session to be held on 10, 11 and 12 November 2020.