MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
The Marketing and Communications manager is responsible, in particular, for the effective communication of the work and achievements of the NAC including that of the recipients of NAC funding, and the promotion of arts and culture in general.
The Marketing and Communications manager will conceptualise, plan, implement and measure an effective internal and external communication strategy to increase the credibility and reputation of the NAC in support of the entity’s mandate.
The NAC is looking for an experienced and innovative communications expert who is technologically savvy with a solid understanding of how technology, social and digital media can enhance organisational communication.
Knowledge of the arts and culture sector is a requirement.
The candidate will report to the Chief Executive Officer and will have the following key performance areas:
- Develop and implement a Brand Communication Strategy, including a technology driven social and digital media strategy, with monthly deliverables that builds the credibility of the NAC
- Develop and implement an Internal Communications Plan to support organisational effectiveness
- Establish Communication Targets and Outcomes and measure and report on progress against these
- Develop and manage the production of innovative creative communication collateral on an ongoing basis
- Commission, write and edit a variety of content, including the Annual Report, for internal and external communication purposes
- Support the NAC’s stakeholder engagement process to increase stakeholder awareness and interaction with the NAC
- Manage the communications team and create and review Marketing and Communications internal control systems according to ISO 9001 guidelines.
- Effectively manage the Marketing and Communications budget to ensure maximum value.
- Degree in communications, media studies, marketing and/or PR
- Five years’ experience in a communication, marketing or journalist role at a senior management level
- Experience in project management with a proven track record of delivering on objectives
- Experience of developing and implementing digital and social media, advocacy and marketing campaigns, ideally within the creative industries
- Experience of representing an organisation to the public or/and media
- Knowledge and understanding of the Arts sector
- Excellent media contacts and relationships
- Knowledge of the environment in which non-governmental organisations operate
- Experience in strategy development and implementation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Experience in social media and digital platforms.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- Project and budget management skills.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and within a small dynamic team
- Ability to manage a complex workload, prioritise tasks and work to tight deadlines
- Computer literacy especially Advanced MS Office.
- Attention to detail is crucial.
- Technology savvy –understanding how technology can enhance organisational communication.
- Social media savvy – Understanding how social media and digital communication can enhance organisational communication.
- Working knowledge of production processes (graphic design, video production, etc.).
Market related packages will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
If you have not heard from the NAC by 28 June 2019, please note that your application has not been successful. The NAC applies the Employment Equity Act in its recruitment process and strives for a staff complement that is representative of South Africa.
A covering letter and a detailed CV including three contactable referees and certified copies of qualifications should be addressed to the Human Resources Office at P O Box 500, Newtown, Johannesburg, 2113 or email:email@example.com
Closing date: 07 June 2019