Individuals; community groups; organizations and institutions are eligible for funding.
Types of projects
- Creation of new art works
- Touring exhibitions
- Visual arts catalogues
- Research and documentation
- Art teaching at community level
- Workshops (submit names and CV’s of facilitators, list of participants and detailed content of the workshop)
The following budgetary items may be considered:
- Venue hire (gallery, exhibition space)
- Production and printing of catalogues
- Traveling costs for touring exhibitions
- Other project related costs.
The maximum period for which funding may be requested is twelve months.
- Individual bursaries are offered for studies toward a post-graduate qualification in South Africa and abroad.
- Institutions are advised to apply directly to the NAC on behalf of their undergraduate students.