Individuals, community groups, institutions and organizations are eligible for funding.
Types of projects
- Research for script development
- Storytelling and puppetry
- Exchange programmes
- Workshops (submit names and CV’s of facilitators, list of participants and detailed content of the workshop).
- Musical theatre
- Drama festivals
The following budgetary items may be considered
- Artists’ fees (rehearsal, performance, directors, scriptwriters, production crew and choreographers)
- Venue hire (rehearsals and performances)
- Publicity and marketing costs
- Traveling costs
- Accommodation for touring productions
- Accounting and auditing fees
- Costumes and props
- Drama festival costs
- Other project related costs
- The maximum period for which funding may be requested is twelve months
- Individual bursaries are offered for studies toward a post‐graduate qualification in South Africa and abroad.
- Institutions are advised to apply directly to the NAC on behalf of undergraduate students.