Individual choreographers, community groups, institutions and dance companies are eligible for funding.
Types of projects
Dance performances, including creation and performance of new choreographic works.
- Touring in South Africa and abroad
- Research and documentation thereof.
- Residency programmes
- Community outreach projects
- Exchange programmes
- Workshops which lead to performance (submit names and CV’s of facilitators, list of participants and detailed content of the workshop)
- Festivals with track records.
The following budgetary items may be considered
- Artists fees (rehearsal, performance, production crew and choreographers)
- Venue hire
- Publicity cost
- Administration costs
- Traveling costs
- Accommodation for touring productions
- Accounting and auditing fees
- Costumes and props
- Other project related costs
The maximum period for which funding may be requested is twelve months
Individual bursaries are offered for studies toward a post-graduate qualification in South Africa and abroad. Institutions are advised to apply directly to the NAC on behalf of their undergraduate students.