Individuals; groups; organizations and institutions are eligible for funding.
Types of projects
- Research and documentation
- Making of craft products, e.g. ceramics, pottery, wood carving, embroidery, appliqué, tapestry, weaving and textile design
- Exchange programmes in South Africa and abroad
- Workshops (submit names and CV’s of facilitators, list of participants and detailed content of the workshop).
The following budgetary items may be considered
- Exhibition costs
- Publicity costs
- Transport costs
- Artists fees when conducting unique workshops: crafters allowance, coordinators fees may be paid
- Other project related costs
- Accounting and auditing fees
- The maximum period for which funding may be requested is twelve months.
- Individual bursaries are offered for studies toward a post‐graduate qualification in South Africa and abroad.
- Institutions are advised to apply directly to the NAC on behalf of their undergraduate students.